Dallas is a great city and there are so many things you can do. It is possible to enjoy the city on a budget (I have many times) First, if you are traveling to Dallas from another city and need a hotel I suggest Priceline Name Your Own Price
I have used Priceline many times to book hotels in Dallas and always get a great deal…Some examples…I typically book a 4 star or 3 1/2 and I recently booked a 4 star on Priceline for only $45 a night. I normally get 4 stars for $60-$80.
10 things you can do on a budget in Dallas:
- Sports: If you enjoy sports go to a Mavs game. I went to a game a few months ago and paid $10 (not including all the gear I bought) and I am going to mavs vs thunder in a few weeks and I paid $35 for that ticket.
- Run/Bike: Run around the beautiful White Rock Lake all 9.33 miles of it. It’s not only beautiful but it is FREE.
- Shop Look: It doesn’t cost a dime to look (although you may be tempted to spend) a few must see places for shopping in Dallas. Northpark center Named as one of the “7 Retail Wonders of the Modern World” by Shopping Centers Today, NorthPark Center offers an unparalleled luxury shopping experience …Highland park village, Highland Park Village is an upscale shopping mall located at the southwest corner of Mockingbird Lane and Preston Road in Highland Park, Texas and was the first self-contained shopping center in America. Galleria Dallas is a must see and it includes an ice skating rink and you can skate for about $13 dollars.
- Art: Established in 1903, the Dallas Museum of Art features an outstanding collection of more than 22,000 works of art from around the world. General admission is FREE every day.
- Zoo: Dallas Zoo is a 106-acre zoo located 3 miles south of downtown Dallas, Texas in Marsalis Park. Established in 1888, it is the oldest and largest zoological park in Texas and is managed by the non-profit Dallas Zoological Society. View hours & prices here.
- Train ride: Ride the train around Dallas. A great way to take in Dallas. Local Day Pass is $5.00
- Family entertainment: A little pricey (rates here) but a great time with your kiddos and it includes dinner- Medieval Times…
- Worship: There are churches on every street corner in Dallas but one that is a must visit because it is of its history is First Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist megachurch located in Dallas, Texas. It was established in 1868 and as of 2011 has a congregation of about 10,000. The new sanctuary cost an astounding $130 million. There is no charge to visit the worship service.
- JFK History: The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas, chronicles the assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. WEBSITE
- Coffee: Enjoy a great cup of coffee at Starbucks from the Clover machine for around $5.
by Jeremy McCaslin